Department: Water and Wastewater
Division: Water Treatment
Hourly rate: $15.34 – $23.01
Under the direct supervision of the Water and Wastewater Treatment Manager, performs administrative and analytical work related to water, wastewater and reclaimed water and in support of the planning, permitting, design, operation, and construction of the infrastructure and projects for the Water and Wastewater Department including the Water and Wastewater Treatment, Cross Connection Control, Utility Maintenance and Industrial Waste Divisions. Work is reviewed through observations and results received.
- Assist in tracking and reporting operational and budgetary data.
- Maintain water and wastewater treatment plant and facility maintenance records and coordinate reporting with regulatory agencies.
- Provide administrative assistance with water quality testing program, water conservation rebate program and other initiatives.
- Perform various administrative tasks including, but not limited to, coordination of water conservation and inspection appointments, scanning various documentation to laserfiche or other data retention programs, and generating correspondence and spreadsheets.
- Prepare and maintain payroll and accounting records, purchasing documentation, petty cash distribution and reconciliation.
- Respond to customer inquiries and assist in resolution of concerns; track information related to customer communications and dispatch to appropriate staff.
- Gather data, conduct research, and create spreadsheets and reports required to assist with budgetary preparation and assigned projects.
- Communicates effectively with all staff, vendors and the public.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the City of Winter Park Core Competencies.
- Performs other work as assigned.
Please note: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Knowledge of English, spelling, grammar, punctuation and business correspondence.
- Knowledge of office terminology, methods, practices, procedures, filing systems, design and maintenance and modern information systems and software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Access) or similar database, spreadsheet and management software.
- Skill in the use of computer programs, such as MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Skill in data entry and proofing of text and numerical entries.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment in assisting the public and employees.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to complete work accurately with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to follow and understand complex oral and written instructions and to communicate information tactfully and impartially.
- Ability to organize technical data and material logically and conduct analysis regarding such data and material.
- Ability to express ideas effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City officials and other employees, contractors, and the general public.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ of work experience in an administrative or analytical role.
- An equivalent combination of the required education and experience may be considered.
Certifications and Training
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver license.
- All certifications must be current at the time of application and must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Tasks are routinely completed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
This is light work requiring the exertion of 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping. Work requires sitting at a keyboard for extended periods of time.
Tasks require manual dexterity in addition to visual and hearing acuity and oral communications abilities.