Department: Water and Wastewater
Division: Utilities Maintenance
Hourly Rate: $13.23 – $19.84
This is a semi-skilled position under the supervision of Utility Maintenance management and is responsible for assisting the lift station operator with monitoring the pumping stations to ensure proper operation. Work is reviewed through observation and written reports for adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Assist operator inspect daily for the proper operation of pumps, valves, control systems, alarm systems, alternators, dehumidifiers and conditions of wet and dry wells.
- Assist operator with visual inspections of control cabinet wiring and report to supervisor any problems that cannot be corrected immediately.
- Assist operator perform preventative maintenance including wet and dry well cleaning, painting, application of chemicals, collection of trash and yard maintenance.
- Remove grease, rags and other debris from pump stations.
- Back up lift station operator when needed.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, vendors and the public.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the City of Winter Park Core Competencies.
- Perform other work as assigned.
NOTE: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Ability to calculate pump running time and record data.
- Knowledge of pumping stations and related equipment.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in enclosed below ground level areas.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with fellow employees; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of the required education and experience may be considered.
Certifications and Training
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver License.
- All certifications must be current at the time of application and must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Tasks may require frequent exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
This is heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping.
Tasks require manual dexterity in addition to visual and hearing acuity as well as oral communication ability.