Department: Parks and Recreation
Division: Tennis Center
Hourly rate: $12.28 – $18.43
Under the general supervision of the Tennis Center Manager, perform daily tasks supporting the operation of the tennis center primarily providing customer service to tennis patrons, promoting sales of tennis merchandise, memberships and activities. Work is reviewed through results obtained for adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Provide outstanding customer service to tennis patrons.
- Promote tennis membership, activities and merchandise through social media, customer service, and merchandise selection, display and placement.
- Process transactions for sales of court fees, memberships, tournament participation, tennis shop merchandise, and food and beverages.
- Coordinate and track court reservations.
- Post tournament and membership information; maintain schedule board; make and post announcements for special events.
- Balance cash receipts; reconcile daily receipts and bank deposits.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events and recreational programs and activities.
- Perform inspections of facilities; check operation, condition, safety, sanitation and security of equipment and facilities; open and close facilities.
- Maintain equipment inventory.
- Ensure adequate stocking of food and beverages, merchandise and cleaning supplies; maintain cleanliness of facilities including trash disposal.
- Ensure invoices are paid on time and keep all procurement card receipts and records.
- Prepare course usage, attendance, revenue, and membership statistics and reports.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, vendors and the public.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the City of Winter Park Core Competencies
- Perform other work as assigned.
Please note: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Knowledge of the rules of tennis.
- Knowledge of a wide range of recreational and athletic equipment and related facilities.
- Knowledge of computers and related software.
- Knowledge and experience in merchandising, including ordering, inventory, and reporting.
- Knowledge of and ability to use social media.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of cashiering, bookkeeping and business arithmetic.
- Ability to provide customer service, resolve customer inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to balance cash and check receipts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, the general public and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to provide tennis instruction to all ages.
- Ability to promote, market and sell tennis services and merchandise.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience working within parks and recreation or athletic facility operations.
- An equivalent combination of the required education and experience may be considered.
Certifications and Training
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver license.
- All certifications must be current at the time of application and must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Tasks may require frequent exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
This is light work requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently and up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping.
Tasks require manual dexterity in addition to visual and hearing acuity and oral communications abilities.