Department: Parks and Recreation
Division: Golf Course Operations
Salary Range: $12.28 – $18.43
Under the general supervision of the Golf Pro Shop Manager, performs daily tasks supporting the operation of the golf course primarily providing outstanding service to golf patrons, promoting sales of golf merchandise, memberships and activities. Work is reviewed through reports, observation and results achieved.
- Provides outstanding customer service to golf course patrons.
- Promotes golf course membership, activities and merchandise through social media, customer service, and merchandise selection, display and placement.
- Processes transactions for sales of green fees, golf cart rentals, memberships, tournament participation, golf shop merchandise, and food and beverages.
- Coordinates and tracks tee times.
- Posts tournament and membership information; maintains schedule board; makes and posts announcements for special events.
- Balances cash receipts; reconciles daily receipts and bank deposits.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of special events and recreational programs and activities.
- Provides golf instruction to patrons.
- Performs inspections of facilities; checks operation, condition, safety, sanitation and security of equipment and facilities; opens and closes facilities.
- Maintains equipment inventory.
- Ensures adequate stocking of food and beverages, merchandise and cleaning supplies; maintains cleanliness of facilities including trash disposal.
- Ensures invoices are paid on time and keeps all procurement card receipts and records.
- Prepares course usage, attendance, revenue, and membership statistics and reports.
- Performs duties of Golf Pro Shop Manager in their absence.
- Communicates effectively with all staff, vendors and the public.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the City of Winter Park Core Competencies.
- Performs other work assigned.
NOTE: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Knowledge of principles and practices of cashiering, bookkeeping and business arithmetic.
- Knowledge of the rules of golf including flow (starting, course movement and course etiquette).
- Knowledge of a wide range of recreational and athletic equipment and related facilities.
- Knowledge of computers and related software.
- Ability to provide customer service, resolve customer inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to balance cash and check receipts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, the general public and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Knowledge and experience in merchandising, including ordering, inventory, and reporting.
- Ability to provide golf instruction to all ages.
- Knowledge of and ability to use social media.
- Ability to promote, market and sell golf shop services and merchandise.
- High school Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience golf course experience and sales.
- An equivalent combination of the required education and experience may be considered.
Certifications and Training
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver License.
- All certifications must be current at the time of application and must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Tasks may require infrequent exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
This is light work requiring the exertion of 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping.
Tasks require manual dexterity in addition to visual and hearing acuity as well as oral communication ability.