Department: Water and Wastewater
Division: Utilities Maintenance
Hourly Rate: $21.15 – $31.72
This is responsible skilled work in the electrical operation, maintenance and repair of lift stations, water and wastewater treatment plant equipment. Work is performed under the supervision of the Chief of Utility Maintenance and is reviewed through results achieved.
- Perform journeyman level trades maintenance and repair activities on water treatment, wastewater treatment, reclaimed water systems, wastewater collection systems, and water distribution systems.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical systems located at well sites, sewer lift stations, metering and valve vaults, water and wastewater treatment plants.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical equipment such as telemetry systems, motors, motor control centers, wells, tank and reservoir level probes, sewer lift stations, generators, air compressors, etc.
- Perform preventive maintenance at lift stations and treatment facilities.
- Perform emergency on-call duties on a rotating basis (two weeks on, four weeks off).
- Communicate effectively with all staff, vendors and the public.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the City of Winter Park Core Competencies.
- Perform other work as assigned.
Note: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Knowledge of National Electric Code and relevant municipal codes.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions.
- Knowledge of 3-phase electrical systems.
- Knowledge of applicable tools and equipment related to area of assignment.
- Ability to use a computer and related software applications.
- Ability to evaluate plant facilities and equipment for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematic drawings, and/or construction drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot routine to complex electrical problems related to the operation of Water or Wastewater Treatment and pumping facilities.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of maintenance records.
- High school Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Three (3) years related electrical experience.
- An equivalent combination of the required education and experience may be considered.
Certifications and Training
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver License.
- State of Florida Journeyman Level Electrical License.
- All certifications must be current at the time of application and must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Tasks require frequent exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
This is medium work requiring the exertion of 75 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping.
Tasks require manual dexterity in addition to visual and hearing acuity as well as oral communication ability.