Department: Parks & Recreation
Division: Parks & Recreation
Hourly Rate: $12.28 -$18.43
Under the general supervision of the Foreman or designee, performs custodial maintenance and customer service duties in the city parks. Work is reviewed through observation for adherence to established policies and procedures. Good communications and customer service skills are essential.
- Serve as visible park staff and welcome residents and visitors to the parks
- Communicate and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Assist with special events and other park activities. Greet rental customers to ensure successful events such as pavilion rentals, weddings and special events.
- Police the park and adjoining areas for litter and natural debris.
- Empty trash cans and recycling bins.
- Clean and stock restrooms with appropriate supplies.
- Lock and unlock doors and gates; turn lights on and off
- Communicate effectively with all staff, vendors and the public.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the City of Winter Park Core Competencies.
- Perform other work as assigned.
Please note: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, superiors, subordinates and the general public.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use a variety of small hand tools (hand blowers, pressure washers, etc.)
- Ability to operate equipment and vehicles in a safe manner under various conditions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- An equivalent combination of the required education and experience may be considered.
- Park attendant/general maintenance and customer service experience.
Certifications and Training
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver license.
- All certifications must be current at the time of application and must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Tasks may require frequent exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
This is medium work requiring the exertion of 75 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently and up to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping.
Tasks require manual dexterity in addition to visual and hearing acuity and oral communications abilities.