Department: Parks & Recreation
Division: Parks & Recreation
Hourly Rate: $12.28 -$18.43
Under the general supervision of the Foreman or designee, performs custodial maintenance and customer service duties in the city parks. Work is reviewed through observation for adherence to established policies and procedures. Good communications and customer service skills are essential.
- Serve as visible park staff and welcome residents and visitors to the parks
- Communicate and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Assist with special events and other park activities. Greet rental customers to ensure successful events such as pavilion rentals, weddings and special events.
- Police the park and adjoining areas for litter and natural debris.
- Empty trash cans and recycling bins.
- Clean and stock restrooms with appropriate supplies.
- Lock and unlock doors and gates; turn lights on and off.
Please note: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, superiors, subordinates and the general public.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to use a variety of small hand tools (hand blowers, pressure washers, etc.)
- Ability to operate equipment and vehicles in a safe manner under various conditions.
Tasks may require frequent exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Tasks involve constant walking, bending, stooping, lifting, and/or carrying (20-50 pounds) items and assist in carrying heavier objects.
Tasks require color, sound, depth, texture and visual perception and discrimination and oral communications ability.
High school diploma/GED preferred, one year of experience cleaning buildings and doing set-ups for various events preferred. Must have a valid Florida Driver License.
Employees in this position are required to pass the National Incident Management System (NIMS) IS-700 within 30 days of employment and the ICS-100 within 60 days of employment