Department: Parks & Recreation
Division: Golf Course Operations
Hourly Rate: $13.23 – $19.84
Under the general supervision of the Golf Pro Shop Manager, performs daily tasks supporting the operation of the golf course primarily providing outstanding service to golf patrons, promoting sales of golf merchandise, memberships and activities. Work is reviewed through results obtained for adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Provide outstanding customer service to golf course patrons.
- Promote golf course membership, activities and merchandise through social media, customer service, and merchandise selection, display and placement.
- Process transactions for sales of green fees, golf cart rentals, memberships, tournament participation, golf shop merchandise, and food and beverages.
- Coordinate and track tee times.
- Post tournament and membership information; maintain schedule board; make and post announcements for special events.
- Balance cash receipts; reconcile daily receipts and bank deposits.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events and recreational programs and activities.
- Perform inspections of facilities; check operation, condition, safety, sanitation and security of equipment and facilities; open and close facilities.
- Maintain equipment inventory.
- Ensure adequate stocking of food and beverages, merchandise and cleaning supplies; maintain cleanliness of facilities including trash disposal.
- Ensure invoices are paid on time and keep all procurement card receipts and records.
- Prepare course usage, attendance, revenue, and membership statistics and reports.
Please note: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Knowledge of principles and practices of cashiering, bookkeeping and business arithmetic.
- Knowledge of the rules of golf including flow (starting, course movement and course etiquette).
- Knowledge of a wide range of recreational and athletic equipment and related facilities.
- Knowledge of computers and related software.
- Ability to provide customer service, resolve customer inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to balance cash and check receipts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, the general public and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Knowledge and experience in merchandising, including ordering, inventory, and reporting.
- Ability to provide golf instruction to all ages.
- Knowledge of and ability to use social media.
- Ability to promote, market and sell golf shop services and merchandise.
Tasks are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Tasks involve walking, standing; lifting and carrying objects of moderate weight (12-20 lb.)
Tasks require sound, depth and visual perception and discrimination and oral communication and hearing ability.
High school diploma/GED; supplemented by by one year of golf course experience and sales. Must have a valid Florida driver license.
Employees in this position are required to pass the National Incident Management System (NIMS) IS-700 within 30 days of employment and the ICS-100 within 60 days of employment.