Department: Parks and Recreation
Division: Community Center
Hourly rate: $11.40 – $17.11
Under the general supervision of Community Center Administrative Coordinator performs clerical and receptionist duties. Performance is measured through results achieved and accuracy of work assigned.
- Answer incoming calls, mail, messages, work orders and questions relating to department business; prioritize, organize, distribute and dispatch inform
- Handle computer functions such as purchasing/receiving, work orders, labeling, scanning and filing documents electronically; financial functions include: input and monitor payroll data, cash receipting and invoicing; information summaries; generating reports through automation system.
- Provide administrative support for Community Center.
- Input detailed entries such as activity registrations, amenity reservations, household account data, and point of sale transactions using industry standard reservations software.
- Serve as telephone and counter receptionist and substitute for the Administrative Coordinator in his/her absence.
- Provide program and event support when needed.
- Operate automated program and facility registration software; register customers for programs and rentals, collect fees, run reports, maintain user records and verify data input.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, vendors and the public.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the City of Winter Park Core Competencies.
- Perform other work as assigned.
Please note: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Knowledge of English, spelling, grammar, punctuation and business correspondence.
- Knowledge of office terminology, methods, practices, procedures, filing systems, design and maintenance and modern information systems and software.
- Knowledge of the methods involved in organizing, conducting, promoting, and supervising recreation activities.
- Skill in the use of office equipment such as, personal computers, photocopiers and related equipment.
- Ability to learn and master various software programs such as RecTrac, CLASS, MainTrac.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment in assisting the public and employees.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow and understand complex oral and written instructions and to communicate information tactfully and impartially.
- Abililty to type 45 wpm and have computer experience and be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years general administrative support.
- An equivalent combination of the required education and experience may be considered.
Certifications and Training
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver license.
- All certifications must be current at the time of application and must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Tasks are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
This is light work requiring the exertion of 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping. Work requires sitting at a keyboard for extended periods of time.
Tasks require manual dexterity in addition to visual and hearing acuity and oral communications abilities.