Division: Financial Services
Salary range: $ 51,023 – $ 76,535
Under the supervision of the Assistant Finance Director and Finance Director, is responsible for variety of accounting and fiscal operations and is responsible to perform department assignments/duties in the absence of personnel and maintain time sensitive essential functions. Work is reviewed through conferences and post-audits for results obtained and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries (monthly and year-end).
- Prepare reconciliations for customer deposit accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the monthly bank reconciliation process.
- Assist with the month-end close process and preparation of monthly internal reports.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules for the annual audit.
- Assist with the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Prepare various annual Local, State and Federal required reports (Unclaimed Property Report, Annual Financial Report and 1099 Forms) for the City.
- Assist with special accounting projects as assigned.
- Perform back-up procedures for Payroll function as needed.
- Communicate effectively with all staff, vendors and the public.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the City of Winter Park Core Competencies.
- Perform other work as assigned.
Please note: The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Knowledge of mathematics and ability to apply mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft word and excel.
- Advanced computer, mathematical and keyboard skills
- Ability to establish excellent working relationships with employees, department heads, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all personnel matters.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and maintain focus with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to understand, communicate and follow oral and written instructions and give attention to detail.
- Ability to gather and maintain complete and accurate records.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from an accredited college/university.
- Five (5) years of experience in an accounting position.
- Five (5) years of experience with accounting applications software.
- An equivalent combination of the required education and experience may be considered.
Certifications and Training
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver license.
- All certifications must be current at the time of application and must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.
Tasks are regularly performed without exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
This is light work requiring the exertion of 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects; work requires climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping. Work requires sitting at a keyboard for extended periods of time.
Tasks require manual dexterity in addition to visual and hearing acuity and oral communications abilities.